Luxemburg, WI, June 14, 2012—Bank of Luxemburg presented six students with $4,000 scholarships each to be used for furthering their education. Eligible student applicants were selected by a Bank of Luxemburg appointed committee based on specific criteria: academic requirements, extracurricular activities, community and/or religious involvement, and references. The following 2012 applicants received scholarships:
· Lindsay Kirchman, Algoma High School, Attending UW-Eau Claire, Major: Undecided
· Katherine Bretl, Southern Door High School, Attending Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Major: Biomedical Engineering
· Brandon Wiley, Kewaunee High School, Attending UW-Madison, Major: Bio-Engineering
· Kelli Rollin, Luxemburg Casco High School, Attending University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Major: Journalism
· Lauren Destiche, Luxemburg Casco High School, Attending UW-River Falls, Major: Pre-Vet/Animal Science
· Anna Pearson, Luxemburg Casco High School, Attending Bethel University, Major: Education or Social Work
Bank of Luxemburg awards academic scholarships to children and grandchildren of Bank of Luxemburg customers within the following schools: Luxemburg Casco High School, Algoma High School, Southern Door High School, Kewaunee High School, and Green Bay High Schools. Since beginning the program ten years ago, Bank of Luxemburg has contributed a total of $183,000 to deserving and accomplished students.
Bank of Luxemburg is an independent community bank, owned by local shareholders, existing to serve the needs of the communities in which it is located. Bank of Luxemburg has banking offices in Luxemburg, Green Bay, Forestville, Dyckesville, Casco and Algoma. For more information about Bank of Luxemburg Scholarship Program contact Denise Kinjerski at 1-920-845-2345.