And for the grown-ups, here are some tricks to avoid and treats to look for when it comes to your finances:
- Hidden fees. Some banks -- especially the larger ones – may tack on fees for online banking, getting cash at ATMs, using your debit card and more. Always ask about all fees and potential charges before you decide to open an account with a financial institution. We’ll be happy to talk to you about ways you can save money by using a Bank of Luxemburg account.
- Identity theft. If you’re not careful, thieves can easily get access to personal information such as social security and bank account numbers. Visit our Security Information page to recognize common scams and minimize your risk.
- Offers to “fix” your credit. Negative accurate information cannot be removed from your credit history. Time and a positive payment history are the only things that will fix your credit report.
- Local support. Local leadership gives community banks like Bank of Luxemburg the ability to respond to customer needs quickly and appropriately. Shareholders in Northeast Wisconsin own Bank of Luxemburg, so we understand what’s happening in your neighborhood. You can always call us or visit a branch location to bank with someone you know!
- An accurate budget. Knowing what you have and what you can spend provides peace of mind. This confidence empowers you to make the best financial decisions for you, your family, or your business. Visit our $mart Banking Information page to learn how you can develop a budget.
- Low rates. Our loan and mortgage officers are finding historically low rates for our customers who are able to reconsolidate and refinance. Give us a call to see if this could be an option for you!
We’d love to hear what financial tricks or treats you’ve experienced. Leave us a comment below!