ATMs are certainly easy and convenient to use – many people visit them for nearly all of their banking needs! But Bank of Luxemburg wants you to remember some tips to make sure you’re safe when using the ATM:
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. Keep an eye out for any suspicious people or vehicles.
- Have your card ready as you approach the ATM. This way, you won’t spend time fumbling through your wallet , which could allow someone to come up to you unnoticed.
- Use your body to “shield” the keyboard as you enter your PIN. No one else should be able to figure out your code.
- Take any receipts with you to verify your transactions, and also to ensure your account details won’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Don’t count or show the cash you’ve just received. It’s safer if other people don’t know how much cash you’re carrying.
Chief Operating Officer Rebecca Edler discusses ATM safety in this video:
Looking for an ATM that’s convenient for you? Visit our Bank of Luxemburg locations page or check out this ATM Finder from the Community Bankers of Wisconsin.